List of FAQ’s
We have compiled questions that we at Yellowstone Alpen Guides hear.
For directions to get to our location click here.
- Are the snowcoaches heated?
Yes. We also carry blankets in case anyone gets chilled.
- What days do your snowcoach tours go to the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone and to Old Faithful?
We have tours every day to both destinations
- Is there a discount for taking two of your day tours?
Yes, if you take two or more tours during your visit, there is $5 Off each tour.
- How does the Park entry fee work?
We collect the Park entry fee as an agent for the National Park Service. $15 per person for a 7 day pass; and $25 for a family living under the same roof. Children under 16 are free. Golden Eagle passes are good for cardholder, spouse and children. Annual, Area, Access and Senior Passes are good for the cardholder plus three additional people. You may purchase any of these passes on the day of your tour. A photo i.d. is required.
- What do you consider a senior citizen?
62 or over.
- When is the best time to visit Yellowstone in the winter?
It is nice all winter long but there are fewer visitors before Christmas and during the first three weeks in January.
- What are the opening and closing dates for the Park?
The winter is December 15th through March 15th.
- We’ve heard there are lots of changes for winter use in Yellowstone. Is that true and will it affect our trip?
Winter use is changing in Yellowstone and it should make for a more pleasant experience for snowcoachers. Starting in 2002-03 winter season almost all side roads and one-way scenic drives are now for snowcoaches only. Proposed changes in snowmobile numbers and types are scheduled to begin for the 2003-04 winter season. See winter use changes on our Yellowstone Page for more details.
More Questions? email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-800-858-3502